Article 1 - General
These terms and conditions apply to all offers and sales between SIA Burlington and the buyer. Changes to our terms are only valid when SIA Burlington has agreed in written with these changes before supplying the goods.
Article 2 - Offers and orders
1. All prices on our site are without VAT and delivery costs unless stated otherwise
2. All prices on our site are valid for the period they are shown on the site
3. An order in whatever form (through the site, by email or telephone) binds the buyer to accept our terms and conditions
4. Changes made by the buyer to prices, offers or terms are only valid with written approval of SIA Burlington
5. SIA Burlington is not bounded to supply goods when the price mentioned on the site or offer is clearly a mistake
6. Prices or offers are not automatically valid for repeat orders
Article 3 - Contract
1. The agreement between SIA Burlington and the buyer according to our terms and conditions will automatically apply upon ordering in whatever form (through online ordering, ordering by email or telephone)
2. SIA Burlington will remain the legal owner of the goods until full payment of the goods has been made. The buyer is obliged to handle the goods with care.
Article 4 - Delivery
1. Unless agreed differently the order will be dispatched within the delivery date as indicated upon ordering. Stock orders will be dispatched within 7 working days.
2. When goods cannot be dispatched within the stated delivery date, SIA Burlington will be granted another 4 weeks to dispatch the goods.
3. After this period the client has the right to cancel the order. SIA Burlington will not be eligible for any costs the buyer incurred with the cancellation of the order.
4. Unless stated differently the goods will be dispatched to the address of the buyer.
5. The buyer is obliged to accept delivery of the goods if send within the delivery term as stated in article 4.1 and 4.2.
6. Parcel deliveries are delivered by Omniva/UPS/Venipak/GLS and DPD. When there is nobody available at the address to receive the parcel, Omniva/UPS/Venipak/GLS and DPD will try again the next day (if you have given a telephone number upon ordering they will contact you before re-delivering). After the second attempt the parcel will be send back to our warehouse. Additional costs to resend the parcel will be charged.
7. Deliveries on a pallet will be carried out by a transport company Schenker. Please note that the address must be reachable for a truck and the pallet will be offloaded next to the truck. There must be somebody available to sign the freight. If there is nobody available or the address cannot be reached by truck the delivery will be carried out a second time after contact by telephone. If additional costs will be incurred they will be charged.
8. When goods are collected at our warehouse, the goods have to be inspected before signing the receipt of the goods. SIA Burlington is not liable for damage to the goods after the receipt of the goods.
9. Client has the duty to reject delivery by Omniva/UPS/Venipak/GLS/DPD and Schenker DPD if transport damage is visible. SIA Burlington cannot claim for transport damages to Omniva/UPS/Venipak/GLS/DPD and Schenker after the parcel or pallet has been accepted by the buyer.
10. If a part of the order can be delivered earlier (or be collected earlier) this can be discussed with SIA Burlington; the delivery costs will be calculated with the delivery index figures of the related products.
Article 5 - Returns
1. Other than article 4.9 SIA Burlington doesn't take goods back without written agreement. Goods which are taken back with agreement should not have been installed and the original packing should be complete and undamaged in order to receive a refund. Please take care that goods which are send back should be packed such that no transport stickers will be placed on the original box of the goods. Transport costs of returns are for the account of the buyer.
2. Wrongly delivered goods can be returned within 14 days from the date of receiving the goods. Please note article 5.1 for the state of the goods and the packaging. Transport costs will be paid by SIA Burlington.
Article 6 - Warranty
1. SIA Burlington warrants that the goods will be free from defects for a period of 2 years from the delivery. The guarantee does not cover damage during fitting, accidental or malicious damage, improper use or negligence, general wear and tear (for example hinges, cartridges & shower hoses are items that do need to be replaced periodically), damage due to poor installation or servicing or consequential loss.
2. The original invoice of SIA Burlington has to be provided in order to claim for warranty.
3. We will replace at our discretion, in part or whole, a product which is defective in operation, materials or workmanship (if the product is no longer available, we will endeavor to provide the nearest equivalent).
4. To be covered by the guarantee, all products should be installed by a certified installer in accordance with the instructions provided.
Article 7 - Claims
1. The buyer has to check the quality and quantity of the delivered items upon arrival. Any shortcomings which are visible must be reported by email within 48 hours from the moment of delivery.
2. Any shortcomings which were not visible should be reported within 5 days of the moment the problem is known and within the warranty period in order to receive replacement spare parts under the warranty.
3. If spare parts or new products are requested, which doesn't comply with article 7.1 and 7.2, they will be seen as a new order and will be charged as such.
Article 8 - Transition of Risk
1. When goods are accepted at the delivery address given by the buyer the risk of acceptance by another person then the buyer is with the buyer.
2. If goods have been delivered to a wrong address which has been provided in error by the buyer the risk of damage or loss of collecting the goods and resending the goods are with the buyer, additional transport costs will be charged.
Article 9 - Payment
1. Payment must be made before delivery of the order; payment should be on the bank account of SIA Burlington a minimum of two labor days before the shipment date.
2. If an order is cancelled or returned on basis of article 5, SIA Burlington will refund payment within 15 labor days.
3. Complaints on the delivery, quality or any sort doesn't give the right to suspend payment.
Article 10 - Liability
1. If a product delivered by SIA Burlington has a default, the liability of SIA Burlington towards the client is limited to the warranty as stated in article 6.
2. SIA Burlington accepts no liability for consequential loss, even if the factory is covered for such costs. The liability of SIA Burlington is maximized by replacing parts or a new product or refunding the purchase price of the default product.
3. SIA Burlington doesn't accept liability if the default is due to accidental or malicious damage, improper use or negligence, general wear or tear, or damage due to poor installation or servicing.
Article 11 - Supremacy
1. SIA Burlington cannot be kept to their obligation to deliver if SIA Burlington is faced with circumstances beyond their control, such as strikes, natural disasters, raw material shortages, production problems, bankruptcy of suppliers.
2. If this situation occurs for more than two months SIA Burlington and/or the buyer have the right to cancel the order.
Article 12 - Complaints
1. All complaints related to the agreement or the functionality of the delivered goods have to be send by email and will be answered within 20 labor days.
Article 13 - Disputes
1. The contract for your purchase of the goods will be governed by Latvian Law, and in the event of any disputes, the Latvian court nearest the address of SIA Burlington, will have exclusive jurisdiction.